Playgroup employs well qualified members of staff. These are:-
- Katie Dowding, Leader/Manager – QTS (Maternity Leave)
- Eleanor Carswell, Deputy Leader/Manager – CACHE Level 3
- Jean Daubney, Maternity Cover Manager – Foundation Degree
- Christine Bollard, Supply Cover – CACHE Level 3
All staff hold relevant Enhanced DBS checks, are Paediatric First Aid trained and have done Level 2 Food Hygiene, Handling and Allergy Awareness training. We are all required to undertake Safeguarding Children and child protection training.
Stutton Playgroup adheres to the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) (2017) which sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure children learn and develop and are kept healthy and safe.
A separate document is available detailing the EYFS. Stutton Playgroup operates in accordance with its Operational Plan and in line with the Parental Agreement. This contains our policies and procedures in detail and we ask that parents read it. Please contact us for details.
Playgroup is a registered charity with a voluntary management committee without whom playgroup could not operate:-
- Colin Pearson, Chair
- Alison Scott, Treasurer
- Amanda Hollinghurst, Secretary
- Katherine Goodrick, committee member
- Anna Craig, committee member
- Amanda Hollinghurst, committee member
Sam Coulson is employed as our Administrator.
Join our Committee!
All parents are invited to become committee members. We are a committee run setting and value every individual input – without your support we wouldn’t be able to be the outstanding setting we are.
What do we do?
We meet up once a term (3 times a year) to discuss topics/issues essential for the smooth running of the setting like:-
- Numbers of children
- Any changes to legislation that governs Early Years Settings
- Involvement in the local community i.e. Duck race, Carnival.
- Parental raised topics
The Old Orchard Scout Headquarters,
Firtree Crescent, Tadcaster LS24 9HY
tel. 07949 976093
Reg Charity No. 1042967